Missing .dll

Abel 15:40 15 Feb 2014
Answered

When I boot my machine a small window appears in the middle of the screen which is headed ‘DaemonProcess.exe-System Error’. It then goes onto say ‘Programme can’t start because QtCore4.dll is missing’ and further says ‘Try reinstalling programme file’. My machine is a HP Laptop running Windows7. All programmes came preinstalled without the ability to reinstall individual programmes off the rescue facility on drive D. I’ve amassed so much more information on the drive that the rescue option is a non-runner. Can I download the missing .dll and if so where should I install it on my drive?

Abel

john bunyan 16:14 15 Feb 2014

Go to Start, All Programmes, Accessories. Right click on Command Prompt. Select "Run as administrator" . In small black screen that appears type, (where the prompt is) "sfc /scannow". It will take a while to run, but should repair such items as you mention. Note the space between sfc and /scannow.

john bunyan 16:20 15 Feb 2014

Before the above, read this:

Microsoft.

Have you installed any programmes recently - there may be a bug . If you have installed a programme recently you could try a "system restore" to a date before that. Finally, what is your back up procedure? When you fix the problem do read up the many threads on back up!

john bunyan 16:24 15 Feb 2014

PS do check and get rid of Mobogenie, if you have it. The above link explains all.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 15 Feb 2014

Can be part of Electronics Art Download Manger if you have any EA games installed?

Abel 19:47 15 Feb 2014

Thank you both for your input. John Bunyan, your suggestion didn’t work but, I think I know why. I came to PCs virtually at the end of DOS so am not familiar with how the commands are expressed. Whereas I expected to see just C:\ at the command prompt, instead appeared C:\Users**\ but try as I might I could not get back to the C:\ prompt. Please tell me how to get just at the C:\ prompt

Abel

rdave13 19:52 15 Feb 2014

Abel , you need to run CMD as administrator. link

john bunyan 20:01 15 Feb 2014

You don't need the C:. You did not, when you went to Accessories, Command Prompt,right click and SELECT RUN AS Administrator. Do that and the black screen will show C:\windows\System32, with a sideways V. type there sfc /scannow. Did you read the link - do check in your "programmes and features" if mobogenie is there. If you try to use the command prompt without selecting run as administrator it will, indeed show as C:\Username - which you do not want. May be out so will look again tomorrow - do come back if anything works!

john bunyan 20:02 15 Feb 2014

Sorry - was typing so did not see rdave13's excellent reply!

Abel 14:14 16 Feb 2014

Thanks for joining the melee rdave13. John Bunyan, I did exactly as you indicated and the result was exactly the same as the one I reported. Having read your post, to ensure I did get it right, I input your suggestion yet again with the same result c:\Users\User name>. By the way there was no need to shout! However, having read rdave13s post and the link he provided I typed CMD.exe in the box below 'All Programmes' in the 'Start Menu' and when it appeared right clicked it to get the little black box with the prompt you expected me to get in the first place. After all this and waiting for scannow to finish I got the message that nothing had been violated. I rebooted to find nothing had changed.

Abel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 16 Feb 2014

type

msconfig

into the search box and look to see what progrms are trying to run at startup, post the list and we can probably work out what is causing the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?