missing dll

carvers 12:55 25 Nov 2003

i run windows xp home with sp1 i regularly run norton utilities from the disc today disc doctor has reported that the following dll is missing "mscoree.dll." and it cannot repair this.
i have checked on the web and found many reports on this and all can fix it at a cost pcdoctor will repair for a fee of around 30 dollars the only free one i have found needs me to install winzip at a cost of around 30 dollars so not free. can anyone recommend a fix for this i am willing to pay so if anyone can recommend pc doctor or any other means than that would be good. i am not an advanced user although i am getting better so please if anyone takes the time to reply do so in plain old non technical speak.
many thanks in advance

recap 13:00 25 Nov 2003

click here your dll may be here?

christmascracker 13:02 25 Nov 2003
  Taff36 13:04 25 Nov 2003

It`s definately here click here

Taff36 13:10 25 Nov 2003

You will find Winzip - trial version available on most cover disks. Or click here

carvers 13:34 25 Nov 2003

thanks for taking time to reply especially taff36 i now have this missing dll sitting in my documents and i know where it comes from (program files/common files/installshield/professional/run time/071/intel32/dotnetinstaller exe but how do i get it back in to the relevent location? hope i am not pushing my luck and asking too much.

alcudia 13:49 25 Nov 2003

Select the file by clicking it once, right click and choose copy. Navigate to the folder it should be in, right click in a blank area and choose paste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?