missing capi.dll file

splatterpuss 20:24 19 Mar 2004

I have Windows 98SE and RVS-COM Lite fax software. It has always successfully sent and received faxes but I haven't used it for several months. This time it can't send a fax as it says it can't find the CAPI.DLL file needed for the ISDN. My ISDN card has several drivers, two of which are CAPI20.DLL and CAPI2032.DLL.

Before I start downloading files or reinstalling RVS, any ideas of the best way to solve this?

Note, RVS has a repair facility that will automatically search for the CAPI file but it is only looking for CAPI.DLL. Also, I could not find it either as a current file or a deleted file. (I have recently defragged.)

anchor 08:32 20 Mar 2004

This page might possibly give a little more information:

click here

rawprawn 08:50 20 Mar 2004

You should be able to download your missing dll here click here

splatterpuss 15:53 20 Mar 2004

anchor - thanks for the information. I can see what the file does but i am still not sure whether to get another copy of the file or just find another fax software. The one I am using seems geared to regular fax users and has not always worked smoothly.

rawprawn - something you ate? Thanks for the link. Unfortunately there were no capi.dll files on that site. Anchor's info suggests that the driveer is usually provided by the ISDN card manufacturer. Although I couldn't find any file on its CD, I might try getting help from their site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017