Missing CAB file (?)

grimreaper 08:42 07 Apr 2004

I have a "dragon natural speaking 6" - it types while you speak - which was working fine until I changed computors. Now when I try to install the CD I get the error message : "D:\Data2.CAB.....Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" and then it just closes. Anybody got any much need advice ?

Diodorus Siculus 08:48 07 Apr 2004

Are you able tocopy the CD to the hdd and run the isntall routine from there; ensure that the CD is clean.

Diodorus Siculus 08:50 07 Apr 2004
  grimreaper 21:23 11 Apr 2004

Thanks Diodorus - Iloaded it to HDD but I get a new message saying "can't find data3.cab" now and shuts down, but makes no note of the old message of the 'cyclic redundancy check'.
Also thanks for the web pages but they don't really answer what a 'cyclic redundancy check' is and how to cure. Could it be that it was ok on my old M.E system but its not compatable with the new XP system?

woodchip 21:32 11 Apr 2004

try copping the data3.cab file from the cd into the copy you made on the drive the cab files should all be in the same folder

grimreaper 15:36 18 Apr 2004

Thanks to all,I am now up and running again!! Please keep the answers coming, your all stars.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache