missing address bar,

end 16:49 08 Apr 2004

running windows 2000 Professional at work,on *shared* computers;colleague has problems with all his web sites, cannot get address bar to appear on ANY site. the address section seems to have been replaced by a line saying , links, windows media, (amongst other things). have tried checking his *home page* address on Properties and it is correct, but comes up still with no address bar to be able to type in any URL*s. problem is, any major changes have to be done by Administrator. the Bank Holiday break means I will not be able to access this system to try anything until next tuesday , but can pick up responses *externally* to try them when I am back at work. or will check here before I leave site today.
many thanks in hope of help.

seligkram 16:53 08 Apr 2004

Have you tried right-clicking in the tool bar areas, and ticking the address bar option?

118-118 Got Your Number 16:54 08 Apr 2004

Try the following in IE:-

On the menu bar choose View/Toolbars/Address Bar making sure there is a tick next to Address Bar.

Have good weekend.

geeuk 17:37 08 Apr 2004

When in IE press F11.

vinnyT 20:59 08 Apr 2004

If the above does not sort it, the prob may be that the address bar has been pushed to far to the right by the links, windows media, (amongst other things), if you run the cursor along the bar (where the address bar should be) to the right, and it changes to a double head arrow, click your left mouse button, hold down and drag to the right.

This should open up the address area so you can type in your urls again, the other links on the bar will be squashed now, and it may be a good idea to remove some of the less used ones so it doesn't look too cramped. Hope this helps.

end 23:28 08 Apr 2004

am now away from that computer until next Tuesday; will try this lot when I can get in to it and will post back progress or lack of....thanks folks!!!

Giggle n' Bits 23:36 08 Apr 2004

and check there is NO tick against "Lock" toolbar
This will then enable you to be able to drag the bars around at the top and drop them into place.

end 00:14 09 Apr 2004

am obviosly not on site to be able to check all the above, BUT, SHOULD these suggestions get back his address panels on ALL his pages, as NONE were there on ANY page we tried and it got rather frustrating as we couldnt type in anything to go anywhere( interesting NON-SURFING experience to say the least!!!!!!)......

end 13:05 13 Apr 2004

have done as suggested and address bar now back in use; thanks for the assist folks.....

Stuartli 13:38 13 Apr 2004

My address bar is on the same line as File Edit View Favorites etc

All the rest are on the bar underneath.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?