misleading networking map? no internet!

jdware 09:24 30 Jan 2008

My laptop can 'see' the wireless network I have at home, but has difficulty connecting, and when it finally does, it won't connect to the internet (despite the fact that the network is perfectly fine). The network map in Vista shows no link from the router to the internet, despite the fact that others using the same network have no problem. I've never had this problem before (using the same laptop and router, etc), that is, it is a recent development. All the windows-suggested troubleshooting is useless. Really need some help here.

mgmcc 20:47 30 Jan 2008

Try "Removing" the existing wireless profile and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again.

To remove the profile, go to "Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center", click the link at the left to "Manage wireless networks", highlight the entry for your network and click the Remove button above it.

Ashrich 00:05 31 Jan 2008

You can ignore the map of the network showing no internet , mine is showing no connection , while I am writing this reply , my Vista laptop quite often does it as well , hopefully that is one little annoyance that might be fixed in the service pack , as for your laptop not connecting to your router , apart from trying what mgmcc says above , try temporarily disabling your firewall ( and if you have a separate one , make sure that the Vista one is also disabled ) and see if that makes a difference .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?