Mirror onto flash-drive?

Ex plorer 14:46 02 Jan 2009

Hi I have never used a flash-drive as yet, or Raid but....
Is it possible to copy/save your work on a Laptop hard-drive and have it mirrored onto a flash drive at the same time when saving.
I think its possible where you can use raid with a PC or lap-top with two drives, asuming it has raid. but not to sure how or if with a flash-drive.
Or is it a matter of using the flash just to make a back up of your work after saving on the main Drive of PC.

Pineman100 14:59 02 Jan 2009

I think there is backup software for businesses that will backup a server to more than one drive simultaneously, but I've never heard of this on a standalone home computer. But that's not to say it can't be done.

I suspect that the solution (if it exists) may be quite expensive. Certainly more costly than just copying your backup files across to a second drive!

ambra4 15:15 02 Jan 2009

What is a flash drive?

Take a read it will help you to understand what a flash was meant for

It was not meant as a total back up device, it might in the further

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:16 02 Jan 2009
  Ex plorer 15:29 02 Jan 2009

Thanks Pineman100 Its just for home use.
What set me of thinking was I saw an LG 4 Gig mirror Flash-drive, maybe its just a name and nothing more or maybe I should have put my question A little different.
click here

Ex plorer 15:56 02 Jan 2009

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\

palinka 16:47 02 Jan 2009

Flash drive/thumb drive/memory stick/whatever name you prefer, is very useful for activities that involve transferring a file or a copy of a file from one computer to another; especially as it's very easy to use - similar to saving a file to a floppy disk (in the dear dead days beyond recall!). eg. I produce a church magazine on my PC then have to transfer the file to a different PC for it to be printed; I download (using a broadband connection)large files from the internet for friends who are still on dial-ups.
In each case the files can be deleted from the stick when the job is done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?