MiniPC, Barebones System - Use as Stereo?

gplatt2000 19:19 07 Jan 2004

HI there! I am thinking of buying a 'MiniPC' barebones system, and after reading a review in a PC magazine (sorry not PCA - didnt have it in at the service station!), the Asus Pundit AB-P2600 seems excellent at just £135. However, I would like to know if anyone has ahd any experience of this system, or if anyone knows if it can play back CDs instantaneously without booting into Windows - for use as the main CD Player in the house (with volume control, skip track etc)?

The MSI Mega 180 does this and seems very good, but at £306 its a bit steep comparatively!

Thanks a lot for any comments

Gavin

gplatt2000 19:44 07 Jan 2004

Forgot to mention - does anyone nkow if the Pundit has enough inputs/outputs to connect an external DVD-R and an external Sounblaster Audigy? Thanks again

Gavin

Tim1964 23:00 07 Jan 2004
  gplatt2000 16:31 08 Jan 2004

Thnkas a lot for that Tim - I have already had a look tere ,and now know that yes I can easily have the Audigy. But I cant find anything on whether it will work as a Hi-Fi or not - I suppose iftheyre not promotiong the fact it probably doesnt?? Anyways Ive sent them an email so Ill see if they get back....

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?