Mini DVD to Mini DV

Shikatsui Nara 15:26 21 Mar 2011

Does anybody know how to get data from a DVD onto a mini DV?

Nontek 15:33 21 Mar 2011

This might help click here

eedcam 15:54 21 Mar 2011

What exactly are you trying to do get all the contents from one to the other or just parts and what type of data video audio ??

Shikatsui Nara 15:03 27 Mar 2011

Video data. I made a video on my computer and made a DVD. I intend to submit the video to a TV station, but they want it on a Mini DV. So I would like to find out how to write my video to a Mini DV.

eedcam 16:18 27 Mar 2011

Ok was this a dvd video ie the same as a commercial one that you can play on a dvd player if it is then what size is it ??G/bytes . If it is too large for a mini dvd ie over 1.4 G/byte then you will have to compress it .Now this applies to a standard dvd.If you have used some other format say so .

eedcam 16:21 27 Mar 2011

Apart ffrom the size factor its only a matter of creating another dvd (mini dvd ) as you would a Standard dvd but choosing the smaller size. You should have this chouce with your existing software if not There afree ones which will compress to fit

Shikatsui Nara 17:52 27 Mar 2011

Mini DV, as in the small cassette used as the storage media in some video cameras. HOW DO I WRITE DATA ONTO THAT?

chub_tor 17:53 27 Mar 2011

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think that Shikatsui Nara wants to convert a DVD to MiniDv tape and not to a small DVD disc. If this is so then click here is the only reference to it that I can find. You will need to convert the DVD first to avi using a PC and then transfer the DVD to the MiniDv tape using the firewire input on your camcorder.

eedcam 18:51 27 Mar 2011

Silly me thought you meant mini dvd. Well as said only by transferring back to a camcorder .

Shikatsui Nara 11:35 28 Mar 2011

Thank you all. I understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache