mini disc to cd

pat-212841 11:10 02 Jun 2005

I have just got a 3.5 jack audio lead but now i dont know where to plug it in Grift answered some one else thread and said put it in "analog out socket" but where is it ? i have found a line in jack but no line in out i want to put the songs i have on MD on to a cd .i have packard bell tower .thanks

Indigo 1 11:21 02 Jun 2005

Try the green socket that you plug your speakers into, that is a line-out socket supplying 0.5 - 1.0ma and will power small speakers and headphones when required.

Just remember to turn down the volume on the mixer panel (control panel/sounds and audio/device volume) start off low and slowly increase to find the right, undistorted, level.

pat-212841 11:30 02 Jun 2005

hi Indigo 1 i just did that but no sound at all sorry but am i putting the 3.5mm jack cable into the green socket and the other end of 3.5mm jack into the line in on MD ? thats what i done ! i am a woman so if i have done it wrong thats my excuse !

DieSse 11:34 02 Jun 2005

Wrong way round I'm afraid - a line-in is required, not always available.

nohope ______________

You need an output on the mini-disc - at a pinch you can use the headphone socket, sometimes they double up as a line-out.

For a line-in on the PB - you'll have to read your manual to see if there is one, or if there's a setting you can change to make one. Sometimes the third (blue?) socket is line-in

You could try the mic-in (red) socket, but be very careful - it's not normally really suitable - make sure all the volumes are turned right down first, and be prepared for it not to work.

DieSse 11:36 02 Jun 2005

Just to make it crystal clear - OUT on the mini-disk to an IN on the PB

Yoda Knight 11:36 02 Jun 2005

Use the microphone socket on your pc sound card and the normal headphone socket on the md

pat-212841 11:42 02 Jun 2005

OH blimey got it its working now ! BUT how do i put the songs on to hard disc ? cause as far as the computer thinks i have plugged nothing in .thanks for your help DieSse,Yoda Knight.

pat-212841 11:51 02 Jun 2005

Its ok i just downloading Jet audio 6 see if that does the job .thanks .

Indigo 1 12:24 02 Jun 2005

Oops wrong round way lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone