Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review
If anyone has time for advice, I'd be grateful. I think I will soon be replacing a 4 year old Samsung NC10 which I have loved but is not economical to keep repairing (screen / fan issues). I might even order this weekend so anyone who has speedy advice would be most appreciated.
I need the following things:
- Portability. I am used to the NC10 weight of 1.2kgs, I travel a lot and I don't want to lug around some great 16 inch screen. I am thinking screen between 11 and 14 inches. I also want to be able to walk the 2.5 miles to uni each day with it.
- Something relatively durable, due to the travel.
- A reasonable amount of storage space. I keep minimum 60GB of stuff on my C drive currently
- Better RAM than I have now (not hard!)
- Ability to do a few things at once (i.e. write essay, research something, watch movie etc.
- Ethernet port
- Abliity to plug in my external hard drives (USB 2.0) to play movies / backup etc
- Comfortable keyboard for writing dissertation
Stuff I don't need: - Optical drive - Ability to do any kind of gaming / fancy graphics (nothing beyond watching a movie is even slightly necessary) - Massive shiny screen
In an ideal world, I'd maybe like a macbook air, but I can't afford it and am unconvinced I would want to switch to mac anyway. Probably a better option for me would be the Samsung 9 Series but again too expensive and possibly too fancy.
So I have come to the conclusion I need an ultrabook, but not one of the super fancy ones. My budget is max £700, preferably less.
So far I am looking at these:
Any thoughts or advice on these ones please? Are there other similar ones I am missing for a decent price??
I would also wonder whether getting windows 8 would be a good idea at this moment? I am still on XP!
Thanks very much in advance
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.