Micrsoft Access

Doorway 18:56 25 Nov 2004

I have had microsoft access on my machine for 5 years. I use the Microsoft 0ffice 97 version Professional Edition. When I came to use it today I received the following error message:-
"Microsoft Access can't start because there is no licence for it on this machine".

I have uninstalled M/O and then installed it but I have the same message. Any solutions?

Diodorus Siculus 19:06 25 Nov 2004

click here

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
In the Named box, type Hatten.ttf.
In the Look In box, type C:\Windows\Fonts or the path to the Fonts folder on your computer. If you are not sure of the font folder's location, open Windows explorer and verify the directory where Windows is installed. Note: If you are on Windows NT 4.0, the path may be C:\WINNT\Fonts
Click Find Now to start the search.
Under Name, right-click the Hatten.ttf file, and on the menu that appears, click Rename.
Change the name of the file to Hatten.sav.

NOTE: You can find the Hatten.ttf file in the Fonts folder under the name, Haettenschweiler
Insert your Access 97 or Office 97 CD into the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type the command to run the Microsoft Access Setup program and use the /y switch to reregister Access 97. For example, type:

D:\Setup.exe /y
In the Installation Maintenance Program dialog box, click Reinstall. The Setup program updates the system registry for Access. When Setup is finished, start Access

Diodorus Siculus 19:06 25 Nov 2004

click here too.

Jeffers22 19:07 25 Nov 2004

I had this on my Office 97 years ago. There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article that deals with it - something to do with a corrupt file that is not overwritten by a re-install if I remember correctly. Search the MS KB.

Doorway 20:13 25 Nov 2004

Thanks everyone Problem solved with your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?