Microsoft.VC80.CRT

phil 10:12 22 Jan 2007

My PC is still starting up in the middle of the night and I've been through all known cures for the problem.

I've been looking at the system log files, event viewer, to see what time it has been starting and couldn't help but notice a whole load- around 20 per minute - of this:

Source: Side-by-Side
Event id 59
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT.
Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http###go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I've been to the link but have learned nothing.

It seems to be something to do with C+C programming.

Going to the entry properties and it say's to install it but how? I did a search and found 4 entries for it but no way of installing it.

Where did it originally come from and how do I get it back?

Simsy 11:50 22 Jan 2007

about any of what you've referred to, (do you have another thread on this?), but without any other knowledge of your system my first guess would be that the system is being "woken" by some activity on either the modem or network card.

Do you have a modem in the PC connected to a phone line?

Do you have a network interfact connected to a router that's on?

If so I susupect that somewhere in the BIOS you have a "Wake on LAN activity" enabled, or something similar.

Apologies if this doesn't help!

Regards,

Simsy

phil 12:31 22 Jan 2007

The original problem was here:
click here

That was then followed up with this one:
click here

I did all that was asked but the problem still remains.

It did stop coming on at first but then started again. Having a think about this and it could be down to my leaving the speakers switched on overnight for the past 3 nights.

I'm just concerned about this missing MS file at the moment. I've looked at the log again and it has now occurred 72 times in the last 2 hours.

If I knew what to re-install it might cure the problem.

Simsy 14:02 22 Jan 2007

wake up on LAN in the BIOS, as suggested by Fruit Bat /\0/\ in one of your other threads...

It may be that by going back into the BIOS to sort out the sound card thing you've altered the Wake up on LAN again.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm sure that's it. I can't see what else it can be. (Make sure you save changes when you exit the BIOS!)

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?