Microsoft Works.Problem with gridlines

Siri 21:36 24 Oct 2008

I have had Windows Vista Home for only 4 months. We had to use the recovery disc for something else and since then the applications in Microsoft Works i.e. the spreadsheet,database and labels do not show any gridlines. However, when the page is highlighted they are shown so obviously they are there but hidden. I went through the help and followed instructions (View/Gridlines) but no joy. I am wondering if it is a problem with the screen

VoG II 21:57 24 Oct 2008

A long shot click here

Siri 12:21 25 Oct 2008

Thankyou for your reply vog. I have tried the solution but it still does not work. I think I will have to take it back to PC World. Thanks for your interest

Siri 12:51 03 Nov 2008

Just in case this should happen to anybody else, PC World was not at all helpful,they tested my hard drive and found nothing wrong. We sorted it out ourselves by going to NIVDIA hardware settings in the control panel. I think you have to balance the settings with the screen you are using as the lines showed on the PC World Screen but not on ours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie