Microsoft works Spreadsheet problem

Tenacious Green 16:32 19 Mar 2005

To any Spereadsheet experts. Could anyone advise if and how I can get the auto sum feature to work out a percentage. I just can't seem to work it out. I basically want a percentage of a column to go into another column and I want the computer to do tyhe sums for me.

Thaks in advance

pj123 16:57 19 Mar 2005

Auto sum will only do 'add ups'. That's why it's called auto sum.

Anything other than that you will need to write a formula.

Tenacious Green 17:00 19 Mar 2005

Could you advise on how to write a formula for percentage?

pj123 17:51 19 Mar 2005

Give an example of exactly what you want to do?

What do you have, say, in column A and where do you want it to be in column B. You don't have to give real info if it is sensitive. Just make something up.

Tenacious Green 19:12 19 Mar 2005

Yeah, In COLUMN A for example, I have the amont £100 and I want COLUMN B to show 35% of A and COLUMN C to show the remaining 65%.

The figures above are simple however the ones I'm using for real are not so easy as they are decimalised.

Thanks

Noldi 19:28 19 Mar 2005

Example
Column A is the amount B is % and C answer. format cells in B to percent then write a formula in C as follows =(sumA1*B1) that is one way of doing it.
Noldi

Noldi 19:36 19 Mar 2005

Sorry pj123 I jumped in there without thinking

TonyV 20:43 19 Mar 2005

The method in Excel would be to format the cells to show Currency. In Column A you type the numbers you have to work with like the £100.00. In Cell B1 you use =A1*35%. and in Cell C1 you type =A1-B1. Copy those two formulae down the length of Column B & C. No matter what figure you use in A1, the answers will come out as 35% of A1 in B1 and 65% of A1 in C1. I assume there is a similar Formula make up in Works to that in Excel. Hope it gives you what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?