microsoft works .7 word processor problem.

big bloke66 21:17 22 Jan 2006

Hi all.
I have a problem with the word processor as it wont spell check.It says works cannot finnish checking spelling and grammer check because an error occured.
When i check tools / options i discover that i have no dictionary at all. Just a drop down box with nothing in it.
Is this my problem ? and if it is how on earth do i rectify it.
Hope you understand this cause i dont.
thanks in advance.
bb66.

big bloke66 22:49 22 Jan 2006

oops should of added.
o/s win xp home

big bloke66 18:41 23 Jan 2006

Bump

Totally-braindead 18:45 23 Jan 2006

Why don't you just remove it and reinstall it from your disks, that should cure it.

big bloke66 23:12 23 Jan 2006

Thats just the problem i hav'nt got the disk as my puter didnt come supplied with one.
nows the time to slash my wrists.

Bagsey 09:56 24 Jan 2006

Are you using the works word processor or word.
My works never ever had a spell checker built in. To get a spell checker I had to install a version of word. If you dont want to do that there are spell checkers available for download. Google for spell checker. A lot of free ones.

Belatucadrus 11:38 24 Jan 2006

I had a look at the click here;[ln];wrk works help and support page and while there is a spell check issue mentioned it referred to corruption of a Works 6 installation after addition of 7 or 8, so not really the same and the fix involved installing another Microsoft product anyway, which isn't helpfull. Without a disk, you may have problems fixing the spell check.
As a stop gap you could try Tinyspell click here . Change your word processor click here click here click here or maybe the entire office suite click here all free.

big bloke66 19:49 01 Feb 2006

Cheers Bagsey for your reply,i have checked some help sites and they say the same that spell check isn`t included in the word processor on m.s works 7.
My wife says she has used it! still im not going to argue even thou im 6 foot six and 19 stone.lol.
Belatucadrus.
Thank you for your reply, i decided to go for open office. my wife and daughters are now very happy once again. phew.
Thanks again bb66.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone