Microsoft Word: how to have several documents...

Antonio Machado 21:35 02 Jul 2009

Hello experts !

I work a lot with many Documents simultaneously (all in Microsoft Word) so I was wondering if I can have all of them open and distributed on my screen just like "tabs", in other words, I would like to be working in the main document but at the same time to be able to see the top row the other documents I have open (just the tittle of every document, not the text of them). I am sure there is a way to do it but I don't know how to do it. I think they called "stack documents". Thank you in advance for your help. Best, Antonio.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:43 02 Jul 2009

do not open word and then open docs from within word

double click each doc to open they will open in therir own window ake sure window is not maximised and then drag window sides to resize, you can then stack them as you wish.

MAT ALAN 21:47 02 Jul 2009

click here

this may help...

Antonio Machado 01:20 03 Jul 2009

Thank you for making time to help me. You say "This is controlled by the setting in Office button > Word Options > Advanced >
Display > Show all windows in the Taskbar.".

Where can I find that "Office buttom" so I can begin that route ?

By the way Jay, I have a multi-monitor set with four 21" monitors which work great. Having more than one single monitor is a lot of fun and it increases your productivity, doesn't it ?

Looking forward to news from you, Jay, thanks again, Antonio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?