Microsoft Word

  Fat Cat 11:00 09 Feb 2003

Can anyone tell me how to rub out in Microsoft Word when using the Draw function.

I have two concentric circles and want to create
a gap i.e. rub out a bit of both circles at one point.

Try as I might I can't do it !

Anyone any suggestions ?


Fat Cat

  Gongoozler 11:07 09 Feb 2003

Hi Fat Cat. Your problem is that Word is a word processor with a simple drawing utility added on. The best way to produce graphics is to draw them using dedicated graphics software and then import the result into the Word document.

However, there is a way to achieve the result you want. Draw the two circles, then draw a box to cover the overlap, and change the box ink colour to white.

  bremner 11:09 09 Feb 2003

I explored this when I was undertaking an exam project and could find no such function in Word.

In the end I drew the diagram in Paint and copied into the document.

  1st RHA 11:16 09 Feb 2003

do it in white with no borders or draw in paint and paste

  Fat Cat 17:54 09 Feb 2003

Should have thought of that trick - I'm kicking meself now !

Thanks everyone !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?