Microsoft Word 2000 doc corrupted

romford 10:46 04 Apr 2006

I saved a word doc and recently re-opened it to find it in heiroglyphics. The only readable script was - page break- and column break.I checked properties which still showed it as Word. Any idea of how to make it revert to word, please

VoG II 10:57 04 Apr 2006
  romford 14:06 04 Apr 2006

Hi,

Thanks very much for your effeorts. Unfortunately they didn't help because when I got to "In the Files of type box, click Recover Text from Any File " I'm afraid that option wasn't available in the drop down menu/
If you can give any more suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Romford

Cuddles 14:42 04 Apr 2006

Have you tried highlighting the symbols and changing them to a readable text i.e Times New Roman?

VoG II 14:55 04 Apr 2006

Try this click here

Diemmess 15:26 04 Apr 2006

I wonder if you have not noticed in the "files of type" dropdown there is a scroll arrow?

Unless this is a very basic Word 2000 installation, there is a surprisingly long list of alternatives including the "recover text from any file", near the bottom.

romford 16:28 04 Apr 2006

Thanks very much everybody. I have now tried all the suggetions, including noting the scroll down arrow mentioned by Diemmess, but I see there are many alternatives which I shall try. So thanks a lot everyone. I'll leave this open for a while and then close it. Thanks again.

Romford.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017