Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard-batt. condit

Squib 17:02 28 Mar 2007

Son sets up new computer, connects my existing wireless mouse and keyboard to it. With previous system I got warning of battery about to fail, now with this lot I don't. Any suggestions to cure this problem, please? Answers in simple terms please, to suit an old twit long past it.CP.

shellship 17:31 28 Mar 2007

I'm an old twit too so I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. is the software installed on your new machine or did you/he just connect the mouse and keyboard? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Pineman100 18:49 28 Mar 2007

There's plenty of us old twits around!

I can't help your problem directly, but I can tell you that my wireless keyboard and mouse (Logitech) don't have any kind of low battery warning. But it isn't a problem - if one of them stops working, I replace the batteries and all is well.

I sometimes have to resynchronize with the base station, but that only takes a second.

woodchip 19:02 28 Mar 2007

looks like the software as not been loaded for the hardware. Windows is using a Generic driver

Squib 16:39 31 Mar 2007

Thanks for replies; I didn't think it would work without the special drivers, I have now something to work on. CP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?