Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000

FatboySlim71 22:27 18 Sep 2008

I am considering purchasing the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 as the Logitech MX Revolution I have had replaced twice since I initially purchased it in Feb 2008 has developed the same fault again, i.e. The Freespin wheel has begun to wear out and as such intermittently the Freespin feature stops working, the last MX Revolution suffered the same fault and eventually the fault got worse. Very disappointed as otherwise I find the mouse to be good

Anyway that's beside the point:
I was wondering if anyone uses the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000, and the Intellipoint V6.2 software and could tell me if it is possible to set the mouse up with the Intellipoint software to allow the two buttons where your thumb goes to go back and forward a page on IE7 & Firefox?

skidzy 22:41 18 Sep 2008

I think you will find the software is upto v6.3 well thats what im using at this time with a 5000 and yes the buttons can be configured.

The two buttons on the left side (thumbside) have been set to lower button (magnifier) top button (Back button)

FatboySlim71 22:45 18 Sep 2008

Thanks for the help skidzy.

So can the two buttons on the left side (thumbside) be configured to be able to go back and forward a page on IE7 & Firefox or have you not tried?

skidzy 22:50 18 Sep 2008

my side buttons are configured but am reluctant to change them at the mo,sorry FBS.
However i can confirm in my model you certainly can go backwards in IE7 and FF3.
As these use the same software,i see no reason why your model would not react in the same way.

Now going to have a quick look,might have to post back tomorrow...tired eyes now :-(

FatboySlim71 22:54 18 Sep 2008

Thanks very much for your help its much appreciated.

skidzy 22:55 18 Sep 2008

Just checked within the software and you can definitely configure the mouse to back and forwards and that's on your version (7000).click here

skidzy 22:58 18 Sep 2008

Sorry wrong pic,here we go click here

FatboySlim71 23:06 18 Sep 2008

Or thats a massive help, I really appreciate your effort skidzy. At least I know now that I will be able to do what I was wanting to do. Thanks again.

skidzy 23:08 18 Sep 2008

Your welcome FBS,glad to be of help :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?