Microsoft Window XP Professional

Sean Low 18:17 04 Dec 2008

My computer has this problem since long time ago. But i don't know how to solve it. Everytime i on my computer, a screen is appeared. 2 choice is given to start my window. Both have the same name (Microsoft Window XP Professional) The 1st one is the window that i using now. It function normally as a normal computer, but when i trying to install my sound device system into it, an error was there. While the second one is the same, but i never use it.
How can i remove of this window?? Please reply me if you know how to solve it... Thank You.

Sean Low 18:18 04 Dec 2008

My computer has this problem since long time ago. But i don't know how to solve it. Everytime i on my computer, a screen is appeared. 2 choice is given to start my window. Both have the same name (Microsoft Window XP Professional) The 1st one is the window that i using now. It function normally as a normal computer, but when i trying to install my sound device system into it, an error was there. While the second one is the same, but i never use it.
How can i remove one of this window?? Please reply me if you know how to solve it... Thank You.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 04 Dec 2008

Start - run type

msconfig

boot.ini tab - click check all boot paths

Sean Low 18:39 04 Dec 2008

hey... Thanks.

Sean Low 18:52 04 Dec 2008

This problem sovled, but i still cant install my audio device. I'm using Asus P4S333-M. The audio device is "SiS 7012 PCI audio driver". When i started to installing the audio device, when it reached 10%, 2 errors were occured.

1st error
Title:UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices
The name is already in use either a service name or a service display name

2nd error
Title:Severe
Fail to install audio driver for Window XP Setup will exit

Please help me solve this too... Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:59 04 Dec 2008

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
3. In Device Manager, expand Sound Video and Game Controllers, right-click Sound Device Name, and then click Uninstall.
4. In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each network adapter that is listed in Device Manager.
6. Close Device Manager.
7. Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
8. On the General tab, click Diagnostic Startup - load basic devices and services only.
9. Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box. 10. In the Services list, click to clear each of the services check boxes, and then click OK.
11. Restart your computer.
12. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
13. In Registry Editor, click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click File, and then click Export.
14. In the Save In list, click Desktop, in the Name box type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click Save, and then close the Export Registry File dialog box. 15. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services, and then look for registry entries specific to your Sound Video and Game Controllers. For example, if you have a SiS 7012 PCI audio, look for entries named SiS. When you find an entry, right-click the name and then click Delete.
16. Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
17. On the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services.
18. Click the Services tab, and then click to select each service check box.
19. Restart your computer.
20. Windows XP will detect your network adapter and install the correct driver files.
21. Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
22. On the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services.
23. Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box. 24. In the Services list, click to select each of the services check boxes, and then click OK.
25. Restart your computer several times to make sure that all devices and services are loading correctly.
26. When you are sure that all devices are working correctly, right-click the following registry entry on your desktop, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Sean Low 20:51 04 Dec 2008

Thanks a lot!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?