Microsoft VM problems

astra46 22:14 24 Nov 2003

When i go into tools, internet options and advanced my microsoft vm in not shown. I have sun java. Could a trojan have deleted it?

Where can i get Microsoft VM?

On my friends pc he has Microsoft VM.

Lozzy 22:28 24 Nov 2003

click here for MS VM.. But why do you want it when you have the better already..

JIM 22:29 24 Nov 2003

Some later versions of Windows XP do not have the Microsoft® virtual machine (Microsoft VM) installed(if your OS)

click here

click here

worth noting,

click here

astra46 23:14 24 Nov 2003

If i have sunjava. Will the Microsoft vm still run? It still shows sunjava in my internet options. Im confused.??

Lozzy 00:08 25 Nov 2003

does everything work okay. If yes then don't mess with it.. Old adage If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

rsturbo 00:20 25 Nov 2003

the situation is messed up in the extreme, basically the 2 companies are arguing over licencing agreements. the vm was taken off with service pack 1 but you can still download it from various sites. some vm sites/programs need sun and some need ms so you may need to have both installed and manually switch between the 2! you can thank ms for the mess up.

WaTcHiNg 00:24 25 Nov 2003

I don't know what's different between MS VM and Sun VM but a few applications I use won't work with Sun VM. Until I install an old version of MS VM and then run the updates, I'm stuffed.

astra46 22:36 25 Nov 2003

How do you switch between the two. In my internet options, advanced it shows sunjava. On my mates pc it shows Microsoft VM??

anchor 09:16 26 Nov 2003

I have Microsoft VM, and never had any problems with java sites.

On a whim, I installed the Sun version which caused display difficulties. These were solved when I removed the Sun version. It seems the two versions are not the same, and I am sticking to the MS one. As regards the Sun version being better; not so in my opinion.

rsturbo 19:28 05 Jan 2004

for use in ie enabled websites sun java is a better choice for some java apps (for more on the two go to the sun microsystems website - they invented java)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?