Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Will 19:48 06 Mar 2005

I get the above message comming up since I have installed Norton Internet Security. After the message comes up the norton program then starts to produce a lot of icons along the bottom bar, the icon is an envolope with a magnifying glass on it. The norton program seems to be scanning emails but I don't know where they are being generated from? I have scanned for viruses regularly so that isn't it I don't think. Anybody any idea what the problem might be or what is happening?

Will 20:24 06 Mar 2005

So has anybody got a clue what it might be?

VoG II 20:32 06 Mar 2005

Is that the full message?

mattyc_92 21:15 06 Mar 2005

Is it, by any chance, a "installation" progress you see, e.g. when you install Office and you see the "gathering required information" and installing progress???

Will 21:23 06 Mar 2005

Yes that is more or less the full message and if I don't acknowledge it The bottom bar fills up with the envolope/mag glass icons. When I ack. it I move the cursor down to the envolopes and they disappear without me actually pressing anything, I just put the cursor near them?

VoG II 21:26 06 Mar 2005

Which e-mail program do you use?

Will 21:33 06 Mar 2005

hotmail

VoG II 21:34 06 Mar 2005

Using Internet Explorer or via Outlook or Outlook Express?

Will 11:43 08 Mar 2005

Useing internet Explorer and message is symantec Email Proxy message comming up saying "Your email message was unable to be sent because your server rejected the sender", I am not sending any mail so is it a virus or siomething?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)