microsoft updates location

craigy1 14:49 14 Feb 2006

hi,

does anyone know where the updates are located in win98. these are the updates that get downloaded from microsoft, ie the critical updates etc.

do they get saved and then extracted so they work and then are stored on the HD or do they just get downloaded and then deleted when the update is completed?

bremner 15:00 14 Feb 2006

I can't answer your question directly but have a look at this click here - does this help?

craigy1 15:09 14 Feb 2006

yes a bit thanks. was also looking for ie6 updates as well. i cant get them from the download site. but i do have a drive here thats is updated but cant find the actual files if they are on there that is.

Diodorus Siculus 15:09 14 Feb 2006

They get downloaded and stored in a temp folder - they aren't saved locally.

Youcan download them all from OS Updates: Latest patches & updates for your Windows System - TechSpot
click here

Stuartli 15:35 14 Feb 2006

Some can be found in Add/Remove Programs - if you wish to know exactly what updates are on your system then download the free version of Belarc Advisor.

This now also includes the Security Updates listing feature as required by US government.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?