Microsoft Updates

10x 11:06 18 Jul 2007

The following MS update has appeared on my computer that is causing problems:
'Security update for Microsoft.Net Framework Version1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB 928366)'
I am on XP Home Sercice Pack 2.

Attempts to install result in the following message: 'The update could not be installed'

Commonly, each time I attempt to close down my computer, an attempt to install the update is automatically made again, usually causing the computer to 'hang'. I then have to switch of at the mains.

This procedure has been repeated for the last few days.
Does anyone know if there is any way of blocking a particular update from downloading or getting rid of one, without installing, once it has arrived on one's computer ?

Regards everyone.

Stuartli 11:15 18 Jul 2007

In Windows Update (Security Center) switch to Notify Me of Any Downloads but do not Install them.

When the icon appears again, click on it, select Custom and ensure the box for the particular update is not checked.

When you close the panel down you will then be asked if you wish not to be notified again of unselected downloads. Ensure you tick the box.

Taff™ 11:36 18 Jul 2007

Stuartli`s answer will work but you won`t get the security update which might be an issue. It appears to be a known problem and you might like to check this solution click here

Jackcoms 12:04 18 Jul 2007

Or, alternatively look around the Forum for the numerous threads which have discussed workarounds/solutions for this issue over the last week

Stuartli 12:10 18 Jul 2007

I deleted iNET Framework 1.1 and just have 2.0 and 3.0 plus the 2.0 security update installed.

Taff™ 12:11 18 Jul 2007

Type KB928366 into the search forum box at the top of this thread. Or this click here might work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?