Microsoft Silverlight - Uninstall Problem.

Big L 266 16:26 19 Aug 2008

Hello and good afternoon.Some while back I installed Microsoft Silverlight and recently thought I had successfully uninstalled it but would appear not to have so very successfully.Despite several attempts to uninstall it,the computer tells me its already been uninstalled,but continues to appear in the list of 'add and remove programmes' on the computer.Now I have an update for it which won't now go away until its installed. I did try to reinstall it but am told that its already there.

What else can I do to remove the Microsoft Silverlight software and thus also remove the update sitting here waiting for uploading please?

I am at a loss as to know what to do next. Any help would be gratefully appreciated ahead of which is a big 'thank you in advance' for your suggestions and ideas.

Thank you again.

birdface 17:08 19 Aug 2008

Manually run Microsoft update.And when it shows click the plus sign and then tick don't show this update again.Now I have not downloaded Silverlight but I also got to-days update.

birdface 17:23 19 Aug 2008

Have you tried doing a search for it.I don't know why Microsoft want to push this program.it does not seem to be very popular.

Big L 266 17:57 19 Aug 2008

Hello Buteman.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind help and suggestions. I've been into Microsoft and manually removed this and the further update. I really appreciate this very much. Thank you again for your kindness.

Big L 266

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?