MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL V BT

parkhead 11:05 27 Feb 2011

Hi Everyone,

I currently use Microsoft Security Essentials to protect my computer but BT have now offered me free of charge:

Free NetProtect Plus - Advanced McAfee security software helps protect your computer from online hackers, viruses, and ID theft. Plus free Family Protection, which has parental controls, search blockers and time limits, to ensure children don't see anything they shouldn't. To protect up to seven PCs,

Should I switch?

Many thanks for your kind advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:19 27 Feb 2011

If your running windows 7 and MSE then all that is inbuilt.

If your happy with your system then do not swap.

johndrew 11:49 27 Feb 2011

It could be that this offer is 'short term' i.e. you get, say, a year's subscription and then have to pay.

Additionally you may not wish to remain with BT for ever.

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ says, "If your happy .....".

Audio~~Chip 23:20 27 Feb 2011

access to McAfee software, the McAfee software is free for you contract lenght. Once you contract length expires then you will either have to extend or enter a new contract with BT which will then come with what BT have to offer in say 12 or 18 months time. They use to issue Norton now there on McAfee.

Microsoft Security Essentials is fair, but not as advance as McAfee if it is the full package. As long as it included "Firewall" as well and Virus package protection your safe.

Reason I don't like AVG to every group member the AVG FREE package does not have Firewall built in! and leaves it to Windows Firewall.

woodchip 23:38 27 Feb 2011

Well my advice is You need to try new Free Avast 6. its been said that other AV's need to sit-up and take note of it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?