Microsoft pull Root Certificate Update for Windows 7 (KB3004394)

Batch 10:33 11 Dec 2014

Microsoft have pulled the Root Certificate Update for Windows 7 (KB3004394) that was issued earlier this week. Seems it was causing (serious?) problems. Google for KB3004394 and read various articles on this for more info.

Although I've not encountered any issues as such, I discovered it when I went to update my lappie this a.m. and noticed that the update was no longer available (but had installed without apparent issue on my desktop yesterday).

spuds 10:39 11 Dec 2014

Just downloaded 12 updates for W7 that I was notified about this morning. So far, everything seems to function okay!.

spuds 11:52 11 Dec 2014

Just checked the update downloads that were installed earlier today. Appears that the download in question was not part of the 12 that were installed, so it looks like it had been removed by Microsoft.

Batch 07:33 12 Dec 2014

MS have now issued a patch for this (as an out of cycle update)

john bunyan 08:58 12 Dec 2014

Batch

Thanks for the steer. By coincidence (?) I had a shut down problem last night - (W7) - a blue screen full of warnings appeared implying a hardware or software fault caused windows to unexpectedly shut down (crash dump, etc) . Eventvwr showed critical kernel error. It seems ok now and I have installed the patch. maybe a coincidence, but thanks again for the warning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?