Microsoft Publisher Problems

prince midas 11:14 18 Jan 2006

I Have just upgraded to a new computor.
I have reinstalled Publisher 97 and Publisher 2003.
I have put my pub files in the Documents folder.
When I ask them to find certain Publisher files they say apart from the odd one or two they can find, that the others were made on another version of Publisher. Comments please.

rmcqua 11:18 18 Jan 2006

I use Publisher quite a lot. In order to try and help, can you please explain why you reinstalled both versions of Publisher?
Ta.

prince midas 11:49 18 Jan 2006

I originally installed Publisher 97 on my old computor which I have just sold. I then installed Publisher 2003 years after in a new folder and it ran quite happily with no problems alongside 97. I found that certain functions which I have now forgotten were removed from 2003 which I liked on 97 so I kept 97 for this reason.My new computor is a 3500 with 64 bit and windows XP pro and is it possible that the two programs conflict on my new computor. I am quite willing to remove 97 and see. Your comments please.

rmcqua 11:56 18 Jan 2006

That's interesting. My wife is also a Publisher user and prefers the '97 version for the same reasons.
I think it's just possible that there may be a conflict so I would definitely try removing '97 to see if that lets you regain acces to your docs. if that doesn't work, I'll consult with one of my work colleagues who is a real Publisher wizz and see where we can help. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Richard.

prince midas 12:47 18 Jan 2006

Thanks rmcqua but removing 97 made no difference. In fact 2003 can only add i file of *pub to its list leaving around 50 or so others it cannot add from documents. It says get in touch with Microsoft as an error. It also says occasionally that it is made on another version which it can only be 2003 or 97 and most were made on 2003.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone