Microsoft Photo Editor

fleetchiefgeorge 16:34 26 Mar 2010

Help! Microsoft Photo Editor is taking over! Of late everytime I try to open a pdf file sent by e-mail, Microsoft Photo Editor pops up with the message that it is an 'Unknown File Format' whereas before Adobe Reader would do this, now M.P.E. has taken over. Have tried following sequence 'Start-Settings-Control Panel-Add/Remove Programmes-Microsoft Office-Office Tools-Photo Editor-Not Available' but still, every time I try to open up a pdf file with the 'Acrobat' symbol PhotoEditor pops up with the same message. How do I get rid of this pesky programme?
Any advice please,
Regards,
fleetchief

Pineman100 17:42 26 Mar 2010

It sounds as though you have the wrong program associated with PDF files.

You don't say which version of Windows you're running.

If it's XP, click here

If it's Vista or Windows 7, click here

fleetchiefgeorge 14:51 04 May 2010

Pineman,
O.S. is XP SP3, but Article ID 307859 did not answer the question. By rights it should be possible to disable Photo Editor by following path Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add/Remove/Office XP/add, remove features/Office Tools/Photo Editor X not available. Yet this action still does not prevent Photo Editor from working? This darned programme just keeps telling me that the file type is unknown. Yet if I save the file to My Documents and use the 'open with Adobe' no problem?
Any ideas,
Thanks

peter99co 16:33 04 May 2010

Is the answer to right click on a file and choose open with.. then choose approprate program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache