Microsoft Outlook where do you get it

golfpro 18:51 24 Mar 2003

I need to install M/S outlook to run a softwear package for my mobile phone, is it freeware or do I have to buy it? by the way my OS is M/S XP home.

PA28 18:55 24 Mar 2003

You mortgage your house and buy Microsoft Office - Outlook is part of it. Outlook as freeware? - you'll have Bill Gates turning in his grave!!!!

woodchip 19:09 24 Mar 2003

Just load Internet Explorer from the Windows setup files and OE should load it should be Control Panel Add Remove\Windows Setup tab. if not you can load from a Magazine CD like "PC plus"

anchor 19:34 24 Mar 2003

I never knew that MS Outlook, (as opposed to MS Outlook Express, which is a part of Internet Explorer), was ever given away free.

For some time it has only been a part of the MS Office suite. I seem to recall that in the past it could be bought as a separate item, but no longer.

If you are a student or teacher, (or have someone in the family who is), then you could buy MS Office with a student license, which costs very much less.
click here

powerless 19:39 24 Mar 2003

click here for 109 Dollars.

So you can buy it seperate of the office suit.

anchor 19:53 30 Mar 2003

Powerless is correct. Here is the UK site for Outlook
click here

Price is £99.99, (don`t know if that includes VAT, not do I know why the UK price is so much higher than in the USA -- perhaps someone can explain.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?