Microsoft Outlook Send and Receive

goll_y 21:20 10 Feb 2005

I seem to be having delays in sending and receiving emails using Microsoft Outlook 2003. The email delay appears to be about 1 day on both the receiving and delaying of emails.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Gongoozler 21:25 10 Feb 2005

It's possibly your antivirus and/or firewall that is causing the problem. What AV, FW and ISP are you using?

goll_y 21:26 10 Feb 2005

It could be,

I'm using Zone Alarm Pro firewall (I'm also on wireless but don't think that is the problem), AVG. I use Wanadoo broadband.

VoG II 21:34 10 Feb 2005

Are the messages getting "stuck" in your Outbox or do they move to the Sent folder but it takes a day for them to be received?

goll_y 21:50 10 Feb 2005

They go straight into the sent folder but then take a day to be received.

megat193 22:18 10 Feb 2005

I would suspect Wanadoo is where the problem lies. How about sending a test message, then logging on to webmail to see if it is in the 'sent' folder there? Better still, if you have two different email addresses, send one to the other using the send only option, then use webmail to see what has happened to it.

goll_y 22:20 10 Feb 2005

No its not Wanadoo. My actual email is downloaded from yahoo in Microsoft Outlook. I'm sure the problem is somewhere in AVG/Zone Alarm

THE TERMINATOR 00:23 11 Feb 2005

Do you get any e-mails? and are they always the same one's? If this is the case then you have a large one that is taking time to come up, and so stopping all mail. The problem with this is that your virus scanner is scanning the e-mails too and therefore taking a bit longer than usual. Try click here

goll_y 08:04 11 Feb 2005

No, I don't get the same emails all the time. Thanks for the thought though. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Gongoozler 11:18 11 Feb 2005

AVG commonly causes this problem. You can experiment with ZoneAlarm turned off, I have a friend who found this to be the solution, but he is on dial-up so a firewall isn't a necessity. I'm using Avast click here and am having no problems at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?