Microsoft Outlook 'Pop Up'

harleyd 08:39 06 Mar 2006

Hi, When I switch my PC on I'm getting a message pop up from Microsoft Outlook saying 'Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Otlook and set it as the default mail client'. I actually use, and always have done, Outlook Express.If I click on the Microsoft message it goes away until I come to powering my machine up again. Any help would be appreciated

Taff™ 09:30 06 Mar 2006

Let`s try opening Outlook Express. Then Tools Menu, Options and on the general tab at the bottom it will probably say "Outlook Express is currently NOT your default mail handler" Next to it is a button to make it your default. You could also select the Newsgroups one as well. See if that gets rid of your annoyance.

Taff™ 02:25 10 Mar 2006

Any luck?

harleyd 07:27 10 Mar 2006

No, all the tabs are checked correctly

remind 07:49 10 Mar 2006
  remind 07:51 10 Mar 2006

If you have Office on your machine and don't use Outlook itself, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, select Microsoft Office, select Add/Remove components and untick Outlook.

Belatucadrus 11:12 10 Mar 2006

Try right clicking Start, select Properties then on the Start Menu tab click the customise button. On the General Tab make sure that Outlook Express is the designated e-mail client in the Show on Start menu drop down box. Then OK it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?