microsoft outlook - how can i get rid of this?

bigdavey 21:23 12 Oct 2009

hi
i have never in my life used outlook but it has crept into my internet settings somehow and now every time i click a hyperlink "contact", or "email", i get this ridiculous outlook setup process which i can't even complete if i try!!
i am assuming it is something to do with my defalt mail client for explorer or some such...

please can someone help me be rid of this?

i am running windows vista btw. soon i suspect i won't be able to post to this forum because of this hideous outlook nonsense!!

thanks for any help!

dave

Eric10 22:05 12 Oct 2009

Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and set your default email program there.

bigdavey 21:02 14 Oct 2009

Eric10 could you be a bit more specific, in the programs tab i can find default programmes but i can't set any default mail client, there isn't an option there...please help.
thanks

lotvic 21:38 14 Oct 2009

To change the default e-mail program in Vista:

1. Click Start, Default Programs, and click Set program access and computer defaults.
2. Type in your administrator password if prompted.
3. Click Custom under Choose a configuration.
4. Under Choose a default e-mail program, select the program you want to set as the default.
5. Click OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?