Microsoft Outlook frozen send/receive

Gazstirl 09:08 07 Sep 2009

My Outlook is unable to complete the "send/receive" process - keeps showing "unknown error 0x8004060c". Believe my file is too full but won't allow me to delete Sent Items - "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". Tried downloading Microsoft "Hotfix" OLK1004 but the process won't complete. I'm XPPro 2002 V3, Intel 4 2.40 Ghz 512mb.

Any help much appreciated.

sharpamat 09:50 07 Sep 2009

The account settings may be incorrect go into tools accounts highlight your account and select properties

Make sure you have the correct mail server and the correct addresses for both incoming and outgoing mail.
If your unsure of what these should be your ISP will either have already or will provide them

Gazstirl 09:56 07 Sep 2009

Thanks for the prompt response. All the settings are correct, I think the problem is linked to fact I haven't been archiving so the memory has filled up, prompting Outlook to go into freeze. Other suggestions welcome please.

Gazstirl 10:04 07 Sep 2009

Clarification from Microsoft "0x8004060C is a unique error code that is designated for a failure to deliver to a .pst file Inbox because the .pst file is full." I downloaded latest service pack 8 and updates but still no solution as my system won't allow me to delete or archive items to free the space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?