Microsoft Outlook - E-mail Account

Toria 19:12 06 Mar 2008

I have just changed from Orange to Broadband to Sky, I have tried to set it up in Outlook but it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone give me any advice please?

MAT ALAN 19:15 06 Mar 2008

click here

this may help, hope your one of the lucky ones i joined sky B/B two months ago, still cannot access my email client or my home page (login), have to use webbased for now.....

MAT ALAN 19:17 06 Mar 2008

click here

more info here...

Toria 20:59 06 Mar 2008

I have looked and tried from the links but still no joy, still unable to receive or send from outlook

Woolwell 22:15 06 Mar 2008

Don't use Sky but try this
click here

Toria 19:11 09 Mar 2008

Hi Woolwell, Great nearly there, the only problem I seem to be having now, is I cannot receive my e-mails, I can send out OK, but it keeps on asking me for my Password, which I know is correct because I looked onto the Sky Website to check my e-mails but cannot receive them through Outlook, can you help? It doesn't make sense!

Woolwell 20:01 09 Mar 2008

Try following this through including every stage click here
Assume you are using Oultook 2003.

Toria 20:30 09 Mar 2008

Hi Woolwell, I have followed the instructions, and altered the number to 465 in OUtgoing server (SMTP) box, but still unable to received - below is the Error Message I receive - does that tell you anything?
Task ‘Denise – Receiving’ reported error (0x8000CCC92) : Your e-mail service rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [SYS/PERM] Your account is not enabled for POP access. Please visit your Gmail settings page and enable your account for POP access.

bluto1 21:27 09 Mar 2008

Thanks for this timely warning and the link to the forum. I was on the verge of starting negotiations to change to Sky.

Toria 21:53 09 Mar 2008

Hi, Have I missed something - what does the messagefrom MAT ALAN mean? "Thanks for this timely warning and the link to the forum. I was on the verge of starting negotiations to change Sky" is it that the info I have been receiving has helped you? I still cannot receive - I don't understand it - it keeps coming up asking for my Password but I know it's right!

Woolwell 23:13 09 Mar 2008

Toria.

I have found that the message you are getting is often misleading. It probably isn't a password problem but that the fact that for some reason you cannot access the server. Sky e-mail seems to be driven by Google. Try ticking under the advance tab "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)".

See also click here

Otherwise because I don't have Sky I'm stuck. Sorry.

The warning seems to be that you are not alone in getting problems with e-mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017