Microsoft Outlook - Auto Deletion

blocker11 08:41 24 Jan 2007

Last night i was using Outlook to retrieve my emails from my btinternet.com account, but when i went into outlook, i had a warning about Personal/Mail folders... not sure the exact message. I opened outlook and all my old emails had gone, checked Deleted Items and still nothing. I clicked "send and receive button", and any new messages downloaded into my inbox, but before i had the chance to do anything 1 by 1 of my emails disappears. and i was left with nothing.

Unfortunately within those emails was my electronic Flight ticket for my mate's Stag weekend!!! damn!!!!
Also the emails are removed from the btinternet server.

Anyone have any ideas where these emails have gone?? or how i can recover them?

Any help would be good!

Diodorus Siculus 08:48 24 Jan 2007

Fisrt off, search for a file called *.pst - that is where Outlook (what version by the way?) stores data. Copy that to somehwere safe. It could be hidden so you will need to enable hidden files.

Then try detect and repair from the Outlook help menu.

blocker11 08:49 24 Jan 2007

sorry, it's version 2000.

Diodorus Siculus 08:51 24 Jan 2007

Take a look here: click here

blocker11 10:56 24 Jan 2007

I searched for the .pst file and found 2 folders "mailbox" and "Personal Folder". i then tried to "detect and repair" but it asked for a cd and when i put in the cd i used to install outlook it said it wasn't the installation dish?In the "Mailbox" folder i found all my old emails but none of the new ones??

Is there anything else i can try?

rawprawn 11:57 24 Jan 2007

You should be able to "Import" the Personal Folder using Outlook/File/Import

rawprawn 12:00 24 Jan 2007

Also try updating your Office program
click here

blocker11 12:02 24 Jan 2007

tried importing the "Personal Folder" but nothing in there?

BRYNIT 12:43 24 Jan 2007

I have had a quick look at RecoverMyEmail-Outlook from click here I downloaded the trial version and was able to view deleted emails but not recover unless paid for. For what you want a bit expensive to buy but you may be able to view the email with the flight details on and manually copy it.

blocker11 18:38 24 Jan 2007

Tried the Recovering program but still no joy. could it be possible that these files have not been deleted but just "moved" somewhere else??

BRYNIT 19:02 24 Jan 2007

when I tried RecoverMyEmail-Outlook it shown all e-mails including the deleted ones.

I would suggest that you contact the travel company requesting they email/details again (you could say you never received them)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017