Microsoft Outlook

Hithereto 12:35 03 Jan 2003
  Hithereto 12:35 03 Jan 2003

Please can somone HELP ! I can send e-mail via Outlook but can no longer receive it. I belive it is because one of my darling teenagers(!) has downloaded, but not installed, MSN Explorer. I have been to the MSN site, as recommended
by Microsoft but cannot find anywhere on the site on how to rectify this. Hope that someone can please help me !

Mac & Beth 12:41 03 Jan 2003

Downloading a program and not installing can't cause any problems. IF they had installed then it might the cause but not if it was just downloaded.

VoG™ 12:46 03 Jan 2003

Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express? And which version?

Have you checked the information in your e-mail account settings?

recap 12:51 03 Jan 2003

As VoG™ asks check your account settings. Incoming email should read for instance pop.ntlworld.com

Hithereto 12:52 03 Jan 2003

Thanks for your' prompt responses.

Forgive me, for I am a complete novice at this. When searching for Msn Explorer, I can find it in the "find files" facility but don't know how else to go about it.

How do I check the infornation in my e-mail account settings ?

I have Outlook 97 version and Outlook express. Outlook Express seems to be ok. I also have Windows 98.

VoG™ 12:58 03 Jan 2003

Here's how to check your account settings click here

MoiraB 12:59 03 Jan 2003

In Outlook 97 go to Tools>Services, highlight your ISP (i.e. Freeserve or NTLworld) then click Properties>Servers your incoming server should begin "pop.". When you signed up with your ISP they would have given you the server names but if you can't find it, ring their helpline.

VoG™ 13:06 03 Jan 2003

MSN Messenger does indeed appear to be the culprit click here

It obviously must have been installed, not just downloaded.

Hithereto 13:52 03 Jan 2003

Thank you VoG but that is where I have already been and all following all their instructions just leads to dead ends. Seems they know about the probelm but trying to find out how to fix it is impossible.

VoG™ 13:56 03 Jan 2003

Does this help? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017