Microsoft OfficeXp 2002 Problem.

birdface 13:08 11 Apr 2007

Hi have a problem with Office 2002 standard.When I click Repair in Add Remove a box comes up with Patch Package could not be opened,I cannot download any up-dates because of this, even though product has been verified by microsoft as genuine.Now my problem is that my D Drive does not work,But we will not go into that as everything has been tried to get it running again,Now what would happen if i deleted office,And tried to reinstall it using E Drive RW Drive Would it work on that,Obviously I would prefer to repair it,Anybody got any Idea's.

Technotiger 13:13 11 Apr 2007

Hi, it should work no matter which cd rom you use.

Technotiger 13:15 11 Apr 2007

PS - when you remove it, I assume using Add/Remove, it may be a good idea to run CCleaner afterwards, to get rid of any left-overs, before reinstalling it.

€dstowe 13:33 11 Apr 2007

Have you tried repairing from within the program itself?

Click on: Help -> Detect and repair.

birdface 14:17 11 Apr 2007

Thanks for the advice Will come back to your way a little later Technotiger,Will try Edstowe's idea first.Any one know what Patch package is.

Technotiger 14:20 11 Apr 2007
  VoG II 14:22 11 Apr 2007

Failing that click here

birdface 17:46 11 Apr 2007

Patch package would not work,Downloaded Vogs Clean Up,But what are you supposed to do with it,It has Microsoft Officeon it do i leave it or delete it,Tried deleting it from Add Remove.C Cleaner+Winaso. So cant repair it and cant delete it.

VoG II 17:53 11 Apr 2007

If you run the Installer Clean Up Utility you should see Office listed - click on it then click the Remove button.

Windows should now 'think' that Office is not installed and you should be able to install it again.

birdface 18:54 11 Apr 2007

Hi, Thanks all for your help, Managed to uninstall it with Vogs click here,Have now reinstalled it and its working fine,Keep up the good work,

Technotiger 19:47 11 Apr 2007

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?