Microsoft Office trying to install

Anny.Robinson 23:12 26 Feb 2006

I have Microsoft Office XP on my PC. A week ago, I was trying to teach myself how to use Access and I clicked on a menu option. I got a message that this option was not installed and the programe tried to run the installation program. It stopped at the point where it needed me to put in the CD-ROM. Now I do not have an Office CD as it was installed on my home PC at work (it is licensed BTW). Now, whenever I boot up the PC and often when I am working on something else, the Windows installer pops up and tries to go through the process again and again. I have to click Cancel loads of times before the installer goes away. Can anyone help me to get rid of this, please? Word, Access and Frontpage work OK, apart from this annoying installer popping up, but I cannot open Excel files at all.

Many thanks
Anny

madPentium 23:29 26 Feb 2006

you need the installation to be done properly.
You need to select custom install and for each product in office required, select 'run all from my pc'
I would say just the typical install was done.

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:29 26 Feb 2006

If you go to add/remove programmes and click on the office entry you should get an option to remove or change. Click on change and change the menu option that you clicked on (hope you can remember)so that it will not be installed, red X

Anny.Robinson 18:25 02 Mar 2006

Thanks a lot, this seems to have worked!

Best wishes
Anny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?