Microsoft Office keeps reconfiguring itself.

xania 19:48 22 Sep 2009

I have just reinstalled MS Office 2007 after a major PC rebuild (new Motherboard etc). Now, each time I open either Word or Excel (but not Access, Powerpoint or Publisher), I get a quick message saying 'Please wait while Windows prepares the necessary files' and then the entire system configures itself with the message 'Please wait while Windows configures MS Office Professional Plus 2007'. I can stop this and then wait for about 15 seconds then the program I want becomes available, but otherwise I have to wait up to one and a half minutes before I can access a document. And, even more frustratingly, this happens each time I have to re-open the software even if I've only just closed it down. And, of course I cannot do anything else while this is happening.

Any ideas, please.

VoG II 19:56 22 Sep 2009

click here might help.

xania 21:02 22 Sep 2009

Thanks VOG, but the problem exists when I use the 'All Programs' menu and even if I open them from the original program file in \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

xania 18:56 23 Sep 2009

Any one else got any ideas, please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?