Microsoft Office Document Scanning - Imaging

milkybarkid 10:17 19 Oct 2005

Am running Office 2000. Recently re-installed it but have lost the ability to use the Microsoft Office Document Scanning - Imaging facility which I found very useful. Anyone, any ideas on how to get it back?

billyliv 10:27 19 Oct 2005

Hi milkybarkid, When I re-installed office 2000 I clicked on 'Insert', 'Picture' and was told that the feature was not installed. I was prompted to put the office 2000 disc in and click OK. This re-installed the feature. Cheers, Bill

milkybarkid 10:36 19 Oct 2005

Sorry Billyliv. Tried this from a Word Doc (I presume thats what you meant) and it will scan & insert a pic but this is using the scanner supplied software NOT the Microsoft Office Document Scanning - Imaging facility. It is this that I want to use as it is great for e-mailing docs.

Bren.ie 11:39 19 Oct 2005

When installing office 2000 you need to go into the customised install (where you can select what features to install for each programme). Scanning -Imaging is not installed by default.

If you run install again you can add features that were not installed initally. (You will not need to do a full reinstall - office will only add the features you select)

billyliv 12:50 19 Oct 2005

Hi milkybarkid, I think the feature you want is part of your 'Operating System'. In XP it is in 'Programs' 'accessories'. I have an HP scanner but when I go through the XP route the HP scanner software doesn't kick in. Cheers, Bill

milkybarkid 13:20 19 Oct 2005

No luck so far people. I do have it on my home PC as part of Office XP but I am sure that I have used it before in Office 2000.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires