microsoft office 2007 help (i have screen shots)

mikedude 11:12 03 Mar 2007

im having trouble installing microsoft office 2007 on my computer and i cant get past this step i cant find this file it needs to continue the setup and its really annoying can anyone help

screen shot 1
click here

anskyber 11:17 03 Mar 2007

Do you have an earlier beta version of Office installed, it appears to have been called Office 12? click here

mikedude 11:21 03 Mar 2007

no i just got my pc a few days ago and a more detailed picture of whats happening

click here

mikedude 11:22 03 Mar 2007

no i just got my pc a few days ago and a more detailed picture of whats happening

click here

i cant find the installation file its telling me to find and help would be great

thanks

alB 12:05 03 Mar 2007

Have you highlighted Office12(E) drive in the browse for folder window/ also it might be an idea to disable Norton while you try to install ...alB

mikedude 14:40 03 Mar 2007

yes disabled norton and have tried office12(e) and it still comes up with it

alB 18:22 03 Mar 2007

Can't quite makeout the .cab file that can't be found in your screen shot, try doing a search for it on google and see if you can download a new version to your desktop and try the installation again, I take it your O/S is up to date with it being a new computer but it might be worth trying the windows update from click here as well ...alB

mikedude 14:06 04 Mar 2007

the .cab file it says is missing is

powerpoint.en-us\pptlr.cab i have looked on google for it and nothing really came up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache