Microsoft Office 2007 'Configuration Process'

Ronyap 22:31 07 Nov 2007

Hi all,

I have Microsoft 2007 Enterprise and Vista Premium.

I installed MS Word and it works perfect except for the fact that I must go through a long 'Configuration Progress' each time.

Here is a picture to depict what I am talking about:

click here

Also if I cancel this process by clicking the 'X' button, it gives me an error message, but then MS Word continues to work. However, I really dont want to have to go through this unecessarily.

I really dont know how to get out of this, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

VoG II 22:34 07 Nov 2007

Haver you retained an earlier version of Word?

Ronyap 22:40 07 Nov 2007

No I dont. Unless Microsoft Works counts? Which came with the computer.

Forum Editor 23:25 07 Nov 2007

You upgraded to Office 2007 from Office 2003, and that's probably why VoG™ asked his question. If that was the case try this:- Open a command prompt, and type:

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

exactly as I've written it. Then press the enter key. With luck you might see one more configuration process and that will be that.

Ronyap 18:16 08 Nov 2007

Nope, nothing of the sort:

click here

Argh, I really need help! Why is it just me?!!

wildhouse 19:18 11 Nov 2007

I have installed Microsoft Office Professional Student version and the same thing regularly happens. I still have my Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 98 which includes Word 97 but I don't want to remove it. Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone