Microsoft office 2003 not recognising keyboard

44grw 12:20 01 Feb 2007

Suddenly without warning my keyboard does not work in Word, Excel or Publisher. I can open existing documents but am unable to edit them in all three applications. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office but to no avail.

Keyboard works everywhere else as proved by typing this query.

Any ideas?

jay.p 14:17 01 Feb 2007

not sure if this will help but found this.
it is an answer to a question simular to yours on an other forum.

: Add/Remove Office Keyboard Software and Re-Install
A: After you have installed the Office Keyboard software, the Office Keyboard Icon will display on system tray. If you want to re-install the software for any reason, you must delete the Office Keyboard software drivers from your system. Right-click the mouse button on the Office Keyboard Icon and choose EXIT. Next, open the Control panel from the Start menu and then select (Add/Remove) to delete the Office Keyboard software. This will remove the drivers from your system. Now you must restart your system and re-install the software drivers.
Note: You must use this procedure if you want to upgrade your Office Keyboard functions or the software does not work properly.

44grw 15:35 01 Feb 2007

Don't understand what you mean by 'Office Keyboard software'

jay.p 19:09 01 Feb 2007

wern't sure if this applied or not,but if you have no icon in your system tray then it's not the problem...sorry.

VoG II 19:16 01 Feb 2007

If it is Office 2000 or later (which version is it?) try Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

Does the virtual keyboard work - Start, All Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-screen Keyboard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache