Microsoft office 2000 v Microsoft Works problem.

mammak 20:49 12 Sep 2004

Hi folks will try and explian as best i can ok,
Full time Student just started a couple of weeks ago,
At college we use Microsoft office 2000,
doing SVQ 2 using IT and ECDL my problem is with Module 3 in ECDL at college we use the above app in Word,
I am trying to juggle (as a fulltime Mum as well as student between college and home)
At home i have Microsoft Works and am using "Word Processer" But can not find an app that remotely looks the same or work's the same as the App in "Word 2000" called "Format Painter"
So as i can learn in above Apps how to select text that has been previously formated and aplie to unformated text.
Thank's if anyone can help i will be so grateful Mammak.

VoG II 20:55 12 Sep 2004

To use the format painter in Word:

Click in a piece of text whose format you wish to copy. Click the Format Painter toolbar button (paintbrush icon).

Select the text that you want to format. Job done.

If you have several pieces of unformatted text to do, proceed as above but double click the Format Painter button, then apply to each section of text as required. When done, single click the Format Painter button.

mammak 21:28 13 Sep 2004

Sorry VoG™ i didn't explain properly,
I can use "Format Painter in "Word 2000" But dont know how to at home in "Microsoft Works word processing App in win XP pro,
Again sorry for the confusion.Mammak

interzone55 21:47 13 Sep 2004

Sorry, the word processor in Works is very primative when compared to Word 2000. I haven't used the Works package for a while, but as far as I can remember it doesn't have an equivalent tool to "Format Painter"

VoG II 22:00 13 Sep 2004

Sorry, I am a twerp 100 x.

mammak 22:06 13 Sep 2004

Thank's alan14 think you might be right
Been through it with it with a fine tooth comb cant find for the life of me any App to point me "Toward's using the same App in
Microsoft works word processor" Which was "Format painter in word 2000"
thanks for all your help i am most gratefull, i might wait till i can afford the program lol thank's again. Mammak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?