Microsoft Network (Hotmail accounts)

Dr. Charles 18:10 24 Aug 2003

In the last few days, I have noticed that Microsoft messenger and my Hotmail account have been unavailable. When I try to sign in on messenger it says will have a problem with my ISP. I am signed up with NTL, and I know they have had some problems with their DNS servers recently, but this seems to been rectified according to them.

Is anyone else having these problems please? NTL account is running fine and so it is outlook express, my yahoo account is running okay, I have reinstalled messenger to no avail, and the help please?
Cheers,
Charles

try and access your account online with internet explorer or add the account to outlook express (or whatever browser/email client you use) to check whether this is a problem with your account specifically or a problem with messenger.

suzie005 18:33 24 Aug 2003

i had the problem on Friday with hotmail.couldn't get in via messenger or the normal route.i DID this time put it down to ntl cos of the DNS trouble u mentioned.had a problem with messenger the other week but that was only for a few hours.

Dr. Charles 19:12 24 Aug 2003

I tried going online but having signed in it said "Page not available" and went blank.

Maybe I shall just have to sit this out. I have 2 other ISP accounts so its no "Hardship" just makes my shiny new computer not quite 100%

Best
Charles

suzie005 19:21 24 Aug 2003

it's weird cos i went into messenger to complain to a friend of the trouble i'd been getting for the past hour and he was fine.he was checking my thread for me and telling me wot was said when he started having the same problems.

whitelady 19:27 24 Aug 2003

I had this problem about 4 weeks ago. I could sign in to my account but couldn't access my emails. I emailed support 3 times and did everything they asked (clear history etc) to no avail.All in all I had this problem for 4 weeks until this week when suddenly everything was ok again???? I am also on NTL broadband

suzie005 19:31 24 Aug 2003

we shouldn't really expect a 24/7 service from them should we?????

phredd 20:02 24 Aug 2003

Just seen this thread and it all looks familiar to me. I also am on NTL Broadband and have had trouble accessing Hotmail via MSN for weeks.

I've tried again when I saw the above and, like whitelady, can now get access as it should be.

Another network / MSN / NTL compatibility issue!!!

suzie005 20:18 24 Aug 2003

don't get me started on nthell.i'm away to watch telly now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?