microsoft .net framework dialogue box at start-up

crespo 03:40 31 Aug 2006

Hey all! This is Crespo calling again with a problem from a week ago that seems to have outsmarted everyone,unfortunately. Here's hoping 2nd time lucky. When my Windows XP is booting up & i'm waiting for my dial-up connection box to appear - the following comes up on screen - an error in microsoft .net framework has occurred in your application. To continue click continue. Unfortunately, it takes about 6/7 clicks to get rid of it. It's really annoying! A reader replied suggesting a possible incomplete MS Messenger instal. I haven't installed anything, as i just use basic Hotmail with absolutely no problem whatsoever. Can any wizards out there help? As always, any help will be v. appreciated. Cheers! C.

Taff™ 05:14 31 Aug 2006

I was that soldier! Only one post to the thread and no response until now. (You should have simply replied in the original thread instead of starting another one!)Suggest you mark the other one as resolved and continue with this one.

Go to Start>Run and type "msconfig" in the box. Go to the Start Tab and look down the list for anything connected with Messenger or Net framework and untick them one at a time. Exit and reboot on each occasion. If the message re-appears go back and retick the box and try it with the next one.

We could do with the exact message posted here including what is in the title bar.

VoG II 09:16 31 Aug 2006

A short film click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?