Microsoft .NET framework 2.0

anskyber 12:24 31 Aug 2006

My PC is fully up to date with all the custom and high priority updates applicable. One and only one update I have not used is the .NET Framework 2.0.

Without any logical reason I did not download, partly I think because I read of instability problems. The update is described as "Download size: 22.4 MB , 2 minutes
The .NET Framework version 2.0 improves scalability and performance with improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce, and support for the broadest array of browsers and devices with ASP.NET 2.0 controls and services. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer. Details... "

I have also read MS help note click here;en-us;829019 and I honestly feel none the wiser. Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

anskyber 12:27 31 Aug 2006

Sorry will try again with the link.

click here;en-us;829019

anskyber 12:28 31 Aug 2006

Well the link is meant to be to the MS page headed "The benefits of .NET Framework" But it will not behave.

VoG II 12:37 31 Aug 2006
  anskyber 12:43 31 Aug 2006

Thanks, that is indeed the link I was trying to create. Whilst away I have been reading about the issues of backward compatibility with ver.1.0.

To be honest I am inclined to download it but wondered if others had done so and if indeed it had created any problems.

VoG II 12:53 31 Aug 2006

I have it though I can't remember installing it. It has not caused any problems as far as I am aware.

Sapins 12:59 31 Aug 2006

Just had to install it to get the Microsoft Vista upgrade advisor to run, doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

anskyber 16:06 31 Aug 2006

Thank you for the replies. I 'm going to download it.

anskyber 16:09 31 Aug 2006

As a slightly unrelated matter I noticed that you got the link to post to this site OK, whereas my copy and paste did not (for the first time in fact).

I also notice that my "click here" had "en-us;829019" after it which I assume prevented the link working. Is there some magic to this?

ventanas 16:11 31 Aug 2006

I'm running both (1.1 and 2) without any issue, and have been for a while. Installing v2 doesn't overwrite 1.1. It sits alongside it.

VoG II 16:18 31 Aug 2006

If you go to MS Knowledgebase now and lookup an answer the URL will be in this style

http:// support.microsoft.com/kb/829019/en-us

and will post correctly (I've added a space to stop this happening.

If you find a link to an MSKB article on Goiogle or on a web page it may be in the format

http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829019

which won't post correctly. There are 2 ways round this:

a) go to click here and convert it; or

b) append the number to

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=

and post that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017